Adding People to a Course
NOTE: If your AsUlearn is a regular academic course where students enroll through the Registrar's Office you do not need to worry about adding or removing users. AsULearn is connected to Banner, so students should be automatically populting those courses.
- From the main course page, click the 3-line 'Hamburger' menu to open the drawer, and select 'Participants'
- Click the 'Gear' icon at the top right of the 'Participants' panel, and select 'Enrolled users' from the pulldown menu.
- Click the "Enroll Users" button near the top right. A window will pop up. The default role to add is "Student," but you can select another role if you wish with the pulldown menu at the top.
- Type the name or the username (username is what comes before the "@" in the email address) of the person you wish to enroll in the search box along the bottom, and click "Search." Usernames are absolutely unique, so that's the most accurate way to search.
- When the user returns in the search window, click the "Enroll" button next to their name. You may repeat steps 4-5 (even changing the role for various users) to add multiple people.
- When you're all done, click the "Finish Enrolling" button. You'll return to your enrolled users page and see the added user(s) there in the role you chose for them.
Available roles to add users as:
- Teacher - Teachers can do anything within a course, including changing the activities and grading students.
- Secondary Teacher - This role has same privileges as the Teacher role (adding/editing activities and assigning/viewing student grades). Secondary Teachers may not add other Teachers, however.
- Non-editing teacher - Non-editing teachers can teach in courses and grade students, but may not alter activities.
- Content assistant - Content assistants may add, edit, or delete resources, activities, and blocks in the course. They cannot see grades or grade any activities.
- Student - Students generally have fewer privileges within a course.
- Observer - To allow users to observe course activities, resources, and content, but not enter text, view grades, or receive email via forum subscriptions.