Adding a Course Meta Link
As a teacher in AsULearn, you can bring in enrollments from other courses/sections by adding a "Course meta link" enrollment method. To reiterate, there is no such thing as a "metacourse" in AsULearn; you can transform any existing course into a "metacourse" simply by bringing in other enrollments via the "Course meta link" enrollment method. Here's how:
- Navigate to the course in AsULearn that you wish to use as your "metacourse." You must have "Teacher" role in the course, as well as in any other courses you wish to "meta link" to.
- In the Course Administration menu, click on the Users link.
- In the Users menu, click on the Enrollment Methods link.
- On the resulting Enrollment Methods page, use the Add method... pulldown menu to select Course meta link.
- From the pulldown menu containing all the courses in which you have the Teacher role, select the course whose enrollments you wish to add, and click the Add method button.
- ...note that you may repeat steps 4 and 5 above to add as many other course/section's enrollments as you wish. Once a course's enrollments are added with a Course meta link, you'll notice that the course very helpfully disappears from the Link course... pulldown menu shown above.