Adding a Course Meta Link
No matter which option you choose (Do-It-Yourself, or Submit a request for a permanent "metacourse"), you'll bring in enrollments from other courses/sections by adding a "Course meta link" enrollment method. To reiterate, there is no such thing as a "metacourse" in AsULearn; you can transform any existing course into a "metacourse" simply by bringing in other enrollments via the "Course meta link" enrollment method. Here's how:
- Navigate to the course in AsULearn that you wish to use as your "metacourse." This will simply be a course of your own choosing if you are doing it yourself, or the course I built for if you submitted the request form because you wanted the "boutique" name.
- In the Course Administration menu, click on the Users link.
- In the Users menu, click on the Enrollment Methods link.
- On the resulting Enrollment Methods page, use the Add method... pulldown menu to select Course meta link.
- From the pulldown menu containing all the courses in which you have the Teacher role, select the course whose enrollments you wish to add, and click the Add method button.
- ...note that you may repeat steps 4 and 5 above to add as many other course/section's enrollments as you wish. Once a course's enrollments are added with a Course meta link, you'll notice that the course very helpfully disappears from the Link course... pulldown menu shown above.